You can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. However, if you give us any personal information about yourself or others we promise to treat it securely, fairly and lawfully. We are committed to protecting your privacy.
When we ask you for personal information online it will only be in response to you actively applying for or using one of our online products or services.
If you are giving us information for the first time we shall explain the purposes for which we shall use it at that time. If you are a customer already, this explanation will be in your account terms and conditions. We may use personal information you provide for the purpose of providing more relevant content to you.
If you delete cookies relating to this website we will not remember things about you, including your cookie preferences, and you will be treated as a first-time visitor the next time you visit the site.
- Provide products and services that you request and to provide a secure online environment
- Manage our marketing relationships
- Give you a better online experience and track website performance
- Help us make our website more relevant to you.
Here we explain a bit more about each of these types and how you can control their use.
Without cookies we are unable to provide some products or services that you might request. Other ‘essential’ cookies keep our website secure. Even if you say “No” to cookies on this website we’ll continue to use these ‘essential’ cookies.
Essential cookies are used to:
- deliver interactive services, such as:
- online trading
- product applications
- web chat
- maintain online security and protect against online fraud
Our third party marketing partners may set cookies before you reach our site. If you wish to prevent this type of cookie (sometimes known as a ‘third party’ or ‘analytical’ cookie), you may do so through your device’s browser security settings.
You’ll sometimes see our advertising or special offers on other websites. Cookies provided by the other website or advertising network can tell us how effective this is. For example, if you click on one of our advertisements, the website owner might use a cookie to tell us that you came from their site.
You’ll still be able to use most of our online services, but some things might not work as you may expect if you do not allow us to store and access cookies on your device.
- These cookies make our online services easier to use and help us to understand how people use our websites. For example, amongst other things they will:
- Make online banking login faster by remembering you between visits on your personal devices
- Simplify online transactions by remembering the online preferences you set
- Display your transactions as you like them by remembering which panels you’ve expanded and collapsed
- Remembering relevant information as you browse from page to page to save you re-entering the same information repeatedly
We also use this type of cookie to understand how visitors use our online services and look for ways to improve them. For example, a cookie might tell us that lots of people give up on an application process at a particular step – so we can try to make that step easier to use.
Enabling us to customise your online experience based upon your individual circumstances, existing product holdings or activities during previous visits to this website. If you select “No”, we won’t be able to tailor your experience.
These cookies are used to ensure that we present you with product promotions and offers that are relevant to you. For example, if you have a personal account with us we will be able to recognise this and avoid showing you special offers that are only available to people with business accounts.